1) Remove old nail polish thoroughly
2) File your nails before jumping into the shower
3) Remove your cuticles before finishing your shower, after you have spend enough minutes under hot water for your skin to get softer
4) Apply moisturizer to your hands. Actually, don’t stop at your hands. Did you know one of the main reasons of developing premature wrinkles is lack of moisture in your skin? Make it a habit to use body lotion and facial cream every time you get out of the shower, before allowing dry air enter your skin.
5) Turn on the TV, log onto your Facebook account, or open your favorite book (Smart Girl’s Guide to Forex Trading)
6) Apply base coat or nail support
7) Apply polish or French lines
8) Apply top coat
9) Enjoy your TV show, Facebook newsfeed or book while allowing your nails to dry
Tip 1: For faster drying process, you can use a hair dryer set on “cold” and strongest power. 5 minutes per hand will allow you to leave home immediately without screwing up your nail polish.
Tip 2: Buy high quality nail polish, base coat and top coat to enjoy your shiny nails for a longer period before you have to do the whole above procedure again.
Samantha: Let it last longer “When I get a mani/pedi, I always choose a color I already own so I can do touch-ups myself. Additionally, I always finalize the salon treatment by adding a layer of UV cut top coat and make it last 3-4 weeks before needing to go back to the salon.”