First, the basics
So now, let me tell you a bit about me and my quirky self
- Here’s what I look like
- I was born and bred in Iran to a Jewish family (and no, I’m nothing like a Persian Jewish Princess)
- I went to Japan when I was 18 (all alone) to study electrical engineering. I lived there for 7 years.
- I was the only religious minority in my class in Iran, the only girl and foreigner in my class in Japan, and now an advocate in the male-dominated field of finance in NYC
- My book was published by McGraw-Hill shortly after I came to the US
- I’ve prepared free investing videos for you here
Class Filled with Invest Divas
My Awesome Students
- Teaching is my passion. I’ve been an educator since 2004
- I am an Adjunct Professor of Finance at Baruch College
- My main courses are Wealth Management, Financial Planning and Personal Investments
- Some of my awards include Best Financial Education Provider and Women of Influence
- If you want to read about my journey, scroll down!
Kiana on Japanese TV NHK
Time in Japan
- Before coming to the US in 2010, I was a major geek.
- I studied electrical engineering in universities in Japan for six years.
- But I also enjoyed contributing to society.
- That’s why I worked as a guest star on a Japanese TV show called Generation Y which aired 2008 -2010 on Japanese national TV, NHK.
- We talked about social issues such as Japan’s population decrease, finance, politics, sperm banks, and makeup.
- If you want to watch a clip of me on the show and get more personal updates, go here.
Our Pi Day Wedding
My Partner in Crime
- I was married to my Aussie rocket scientist husband, Matt, on THE Pi day of the century:
March 14th, 2015
- We cut our wedding cake right at 9:26:53 to honor Pi:
- We got married in Hawaii to be halfway between Australia and New York. Also, we both love the beach.
- If you want to read about our Pi-themed wedding in Hawaii, and to get more personal updates, go here.
Awards and Motherhood
- I’ve received numerous awards for my work as an investment coach.
- But my biggest award so far has been my daughter.
- Other awards include Personal Investment Expert of the Year 2018 award by the Investment Fund awards
- Or the Best Financial Media Content Provider award by Forex Expo.
- New York Business Journal named me one of the 30 women of influence in 2016.
- As a teenager, I won awards for short stories and poetry. I guess those came handy now that I write about investing.
Some fun facts about me
- I’m a mega double-diamond skier
- I make 5-year plans– and STICK to them
- I met my husband on Tinder
- My daughter was due on International Women’s Day
(we ALL have superpowers)
- Helping people understand complicated financial concepts
- Empowering women to remain feminine in male-dominated industries
- Helping people grow their wealth by investing like an Invest Diva
Born and raised in Iran to a Jewish family, Kiana was awarded a scholarship from the Japanese government to study Electrical Engineering in 2003 and was a reoccurring guest star on the Japanese TV show ‘Generation Y’. She came to the United States in 2010, securing a job on Wall Street within two weeks of her arrival, and today is an Adjunct Professor of Finance at Baruch College in Manhattan and the Founder/CEO of Invest Diva, created to help entrepreneurial women and parents start, manage & GROW an investment portfolio (even if they’re NOT a math whiz, DON’T have a ton of extra cash, & are BUSY juggling life & kids).